Google

Sunday, January 23, 2005

THE BLIZZARD OF 2005

We're living through the Blizzard of 2005 here, and it now ranks right up there with some of the biggest storms of my lifetime. In my mind, nothing will ever top the Blizzard of '78. I'll never forget the hundreds of cars abandoned on Route 128, buried in snow, or the trip I made later that Spring to Scituate, Mass. to see all the homes destroyed or carried inland by the power of the storm.

This weekend's storm and, for that matter, any other great blizzard, shouldn't ever again cause the kind of sight we saw on Route 128 that day. All the people were on the road then because they didn't know such a large storm would dump so much snow so quickly. Today's meteorology gives people a much more accurate picture of what is about to happen. Still, even though we won't see buried cars on our highways, everything else is getting buried. I have a four foot snowdrift up against my porch door (which I will soon be digging out).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home