Google

Friday, May 18, 2007

Israel allows a group of 500 U.S.-trained Fatah troops to cross into Gaza. Ah, the old maxim still applies, especially in the Middle East, "The enemy of my enemy is my friend".

Mexican troops battle a drug gang just south of the U.S. border.

Mickey Kaus has a round-up of views about the immigration compromise reached in the U.S. Senate. Kaus thinks the GOP has caved on the issue. I haven't read the particulars as of yet, so I am withholding judgement. I want real border enforcement, but I also don't think it is practical to hunt down and deport 12 million people. I'll post about this after I fully review the details.

Charles Krauthammer, on the impending anniversary of the Six Day War, explains why the Israelis are so reluctant to cede back the land they won in that war.

Michael Gerson sits down with Tony Blair, and gets a review of the outgoing Prime Minister's clear and logical foreign policy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home