Google

Saturday, June 14, 2008

Tim Russert, dead at 58.

Howard Kurtz says Russert revitalized Washington TV talk shows.

Bill Kristol and Stephen Hayes pay tribute to Russert.

As for me, I never met Tim Russert (although I saw him at what used to be called the Center of New Hampshire late on Primary Night in Manchester earlier this year). Like most people, I only knew him from watching him on television. He always impressed me as a consummate pro, and one of the really well prepared and knowledgeable people in the business. NBC will find it extraordinarily difficult to replace him as host of "Meet the Press", and their election coverage will also suffer for his absence. It is a tragedy, and a great loss for the worlds of politics and broadcasting here in the United States.

Irish voters shoot down EU treaty.

Setbacks in the U.S. effort to stabilize Iraq.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home