Google

Tuesday, December 16, 2008

THE LONG NIGHT

Day five without power. No sign of a Unitil truck (and I have not seen a single one in my shuttling back-and-forth between my house and my mother-in-law's house, since she saw power restored on day two). I have a power line drooping across my driveway entrance, and the other night the geniuses at Unitil decided to put some juice down that system, causing sparks to fly. You would think that they would check the lines before powering them up, rather than killing someone or starting a fire. At least I have a 5K generator, and a neighbor who helped me get it running. The nights are lonely without my family (staying with the aforementioned mother-in-law), and it is a chore pulling the generator out of the garage, starting it up, running the big units (furnace, water pump, hot water tank) one at a time, etc., but at least I have it.

Today's good news is that I have telephone and Internet back, so kudos to the folks at Fair Point Communications. No cable yet (what's up, Comcast?), but I expect them to beat Unitil, too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home