Google

Wednesday, December 17, 2008

LET THERE BE LIGHT

And so it was. Dreading the prospect of returning to a cold, dark house, without my family, I drove from Logan Airport to New Hampshire this evening. But as I drove down the road connecting to the road where my house stands, I saw light, and dared to hope. Then, turning the corner, I saw a light on my front porch, and knew that power was restored. As I pulled into the driveway, I saw my family returned from exile (patience and forbearance being required by mother and daughter, happy to see one another part, for a day or two, at least). So, kudos to Unitil for making it happen, on this the sixth day without power. As I said in the last post, kudos to Fair Point Communications for giving me back my phone and Internet the day before. I should have known, thought, that Comcast would be last, as I am without cable (wasn't there once a time when cable meant something you attached a winch to?). I guess I'll live.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home