Google

Saturday, March 20, 2010

It is still uncertain whether or not the Obama health reform bill will pass. Michael Tanner predicts what things will look like if it does.

Megan McCardle believes if it does pass, it will not be repealed.

I will not even try to predict the consequences of this bill if it passes. There are just too many variables. Essentially, to predict the consequences of this bill, one must determine how 300 million Americans will react individually to whatever changed circumstances they face as a result of the provisions of the bill. If my health insurance costs go up, what will I do? If you are a young person, forced to buy insurance, what will you do? If you are a doctor who finds your reimbursement rates go down, what will you do...and so on. Other factors will also come into play, as the strength or weakness of the overall economy will contribute to the mix. In the end, because of what I believe will be continued economic weakness and a high jobless rate, I believe whether they pass the bill or not the Democrats will be crushed this November. After that, I cannot say.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home